OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES & PACKAGES
Southern Sweden and Blekinge’s archipelago is fantastic in the summer, and during spring and autumn it offers fishermen, hikers and kayakers an abundance of alternatives.
If you enjoy the Swedish nature then there are plenty of hiking trails, bike trails, coastline and archipelago for you to discover here in Svalemåla. Rent one of our boats or a sea kayak and find your own island to explore in this lush archipelago of Blekinge, the southernmost archipelago in Sweden.
Blekingeleden, Blekinge’s network of walking trails, passes near Svalemåla. You can follow it to Karlshamn or Ronneby. Or follow our own Svalemåla trail (3+3km) following the marked path through grasslands, forest and along the rocky coastline towards either Gyön or Järnavik. This trail offers fantastic views over the archipelago and is a part of a network of connected coastal trails in a UNESCO biosphere reserv called ARK 56. Download the ARK 56 app for the easiest way to discover the surroundings, on foot, on a bike or in a kayak.
If you are staying in one of Svalemåla’s holiday cottages you can enjoy our small sandy beach in Sandvik, a short walk from the holiday village through the grasslands. Relax in our wood-fired sauna with views over Järnavik’s archipelago and the sunset, and know you are only about 300 metres from your home.
Whether you are here with family, friends or colleagues, we are sure that you will enjoy each day in Svalemåla. Below is a list of some of the outdoor activities you will find in the area.
- Swimming and sunbathing on our small sandy beach.
- Enjoy the wood-fired sauna (2 h) or the wood fired hot tub (4 h) with views over Järnavik’s archipelago.
- Hire a motor boat or one of our sea kayaks or a SUP-board.
- Hike on Blekingeleden or Svalemåla’s own hiking trail.
- Visit Tjärö Island, with restaurant and café.
Only about 5-10 minutes away with one of our rental boat from our harbor or take the small ferry from Järnavik.
- Borrow one of our bikes for a ride on the Bike-trail Bräkneleden
- Both the kayak trail, cycle path and hiking trail passes right next to Svalemåla holiday village.
- Book our "Wild camping package" for 2, which includes fast boat transport to and from Hällaryds Archipelago (approx. 20 min) to an unexploited island, Bokö, Fölsö or Bockö, camping gear (tents, equipment for cooking, etc.), pike fishing kit to maybe catch your dinner, etc ...
Download more info here
Other activities in the area:
- Brunnsbadet - The water park adventure (23 km)
- Eriksberg - wild animals in their natural environment ( 16 km)
- Garnanäs Fishingcamp - sportfishing in Garnanäs (3 km)
- Järnaviks Camping - mini golf, beach and restaurant (15 min walk)
- Kreativum – a world of discovery for young and old (25km)
- Pensionat Järnavik - accomodation, restaurant, café and events (7 km)
- Väbylunds Islandshästar- Icelandic horse riding tours (4 km)
- Paddelkompaniet - Kayaks/Canoe rental, courses etc. (7 km)
- Local fishing guide Björn Sperling - pike fishing (0.5 km)
Other useful local links:
www.swedenkayakrental.com - this is the site to visit when not staying in the "stugby" but like to book kayaks easy and smoothly
www.swedenboatrental.com - and this is the no 1 site to visit if you like to rent just a boat in Svalemåla
Wood fired hot tub in sunset
Take a dip and sunbathe in Sandvik
Try a Stand Up Paddleboard
Rent one of our boats for pike fishing or just a daytrip in the archipelago of Southern Sweden
Sea kayak in the outer most Southern archipelago in Sweden, outside Eriksberg, kayak route ARK56
Our package deals
3 islands Wild camping
Explore one small island in the southernmost archipelago in Sweden
Welcome to the finest parts of the Blekinge Archipelago and stay there for 2 full days and one night in a tent. We arrange with the equipment and transportation so that you can wild camp on “your” unexploited island of your choice.
Download more information here...
Kayak Weekend Package for 2 person
We now offer a weekend deal for 2, Thursday- Sunday or Sunday-Thursday (in low season), including:
2 fiber glass kayaks Remus one with all necessary equipment, during all of your stay.
Accomodation for 3 nights Thursday-Sunday, or 4 nights Sunday-Thursday for 2 person in one of our 6-bed cottages.
One evening (2h) with wood fired sauna by the beach and final cleaning.
Download detailed description here...
Pike Fishing Package premium weekend
We now offer a 3 people weekend package: Thursday to Sunday or Sunday to Thursday:
A Premium boat Linder with sonar/gps and the Minn Kota in the front, with remote combined with accommodation for 3 guests in one of our 6 bed cottages in the holiday village. One evening access to our wood fired sauna by the beach and final cleaning is also included
Explore The Svalemåla Trail
Tjärö Restaurant & Café
A truly Swedish midsummer
Here in the countryside midsummer is one of our biggest festivals. Every year we celebrate it in traditional Swedish style with a midsummer pole, seven kinds of flowers, singing and dancing. With the scent of hay drifting across the beautiful summer meadows and views over the sea, this is the best time to experience southern Sweden, Blekinge and Svalemåla!